Hi from Petersburg!
I am currently in a hotel across from my school- I meet my host family on Friday.
I haven't been able to sleep much so this post might sound a little strange.
My first flight was delayed an hour, and I ran to get to my next one, and made it just as the gate was opening. My second was fine, but my third was an hour late. Luckily, however, there were 10 other CIEE students on my final flight from Heathrow, so our escort was still waiting for us at the airport.
I haven't really been "in Russia" yet in a way, I've only been in the hotel, which is nice and right across from where I will have classes. (Initially orientation was supposed to be in the suburbs, but plans got changed somehow.)
I guess that's it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! New blog. I think I will enjoy living vicariously through my cosmopolitan future roomies. Life's pretty good in Bloomington too. Classes are still good-yay! International studies has a ton of little, rather middle-schooley projects due every week, though. I just interviewed Pat, Brian, and Eric about what they thought the most pressing problem in the US was. Oh, and I was supposed to go to a restaurant and do participant observation as if I was an alien. Only the AI specifically told us that we didn't need to dress the part or insist that we were Meorka from the planet Saturn. (shucks, she stole my idea)
happy napping!
missing you, Elizabeth
Post a Comment