January 28, 18:51 (Posted after writing)
I was extremely happy last night when I came upon the show “Taksi SuperIgra” while flipping through the channels – “Taxi Super-Game” is, you guessed it, the Petersburg version of Cash Cab! Complete with a bald-headed host-slash-driver, the show is a great Russian replica of one of my favorite shows. There are a few differences however; the driver does not ask the questions, they are recorded in the voice of a woman. Also, there do not seem to be any Red-Light challenges and there are definitely no Video Bonus Questions. However, on every ride there is an American song played and the riders must tell who sings it.
Something that didn’t make me as happy – There is a Russian version of the show Married with Children that I think is being made now (rather than being in reruns). I haven’t seen the show, but I have seen commercials, and the characters all seem to be exact Russian versions of the Americans, except for Peg who is slightly toned-down, even by the rouged-and-bedazzled Russian standards.
Since I have been here I have also watched the Russian dub of 13 Going on 30, and a few minutes of the Russian dubbed South Park – the dubs here are played right over the American, and it is very interesting to compare the voices given to the characters.

2 comments:
I would need to have the news in english. Do they have any english shows?~andy
I saw Angry Beavers in Russia. It made me so happy. It was, like, my fourth day and I was so homesick. and I was all, "HOLY SHIT!" and elated for the next half hour.
How is Russia? Being abroad somewhere else makes me miss Saint Petersburg.
Post a Comment